Dharmendra

Dharmendra

It’s Dharmendra’s 75th birthday today. He is the real He-Man and the endearing actor of Bollywood and till date, he exercises regularly. Yoga, 30 minutes of cycling, and some free form exercises is how he starts his day.

When everyone, from his family members to his well-wishers are excited to wish him on his birthday, he indeed thinks that it’s just another “beautiful day”, which he might spend at his farmhouse in Lonavala.

He is a cheering persona, for whom life is a celebration. However, now he has stopped celebrating his birthday. “I stopped doing so after my mother passed away in 1985. She used to be very excited about my birthday… bahut chahel pahel machati thi,” he reminds. He is also an emotional person when it comes to family. “I am a very emotional person. I love people. I want to see genuine warmth in human beings where there is no artificiality, only true care and concern. There should be harmony all around,” is all that he wishes today.

Wishes from across the world are already started pouring in for the actor as a girl from New Zealand has gifted him a t-shirt. However, a group of 80 boys from Gwalior is going to donate blood in his name today.

Talking about the wishes he receive every year, he says, “It’s this love from my well-wishers that keeps me going. In fact, recently after I appeared on Dus Ka Dum, I received so many letters from people asking me to do more films and make more appearances on TV.”

With his 75th birthday, Dharmendra has also completed 50 years in Bollywood. He had many hit films. He has played almost every genre- romantic, action, comedy. Ask him about his favourite genre and he will say you - ‘I love every form of acting.’ Success, stardom, he has experienced all that earlier. However, he is thinking of starting a new inning in Bollywood with his fans’ demands. After receiving good response to his films - Apne, Johnny Gaddar and Life in a Metro - he is next set to do more films. “I want to do more films and do good films. I like to see myself on posters. Who doesn’t?” says Dharmendra.

Acting is his passion and he promises to continue it with the same enthusiasm that he had at the time of his first film. He still has the charm, excitement and his face radiates the same cheerfulness even today when he faces the camera.