Saturday, February 13, 2010

Imran Khan signs up his first endorsement deal with Coca-cola

Newcomer Imran Khan became a hot favorite and a rage among the girls with his first film itself. Despite his big fan following, the actor surprisingly chose to stay away from endorsements. Finally, she has given an affirmative nod to be the brand ambassador for Coca-Cola which had his mama Aamir Khan as the brand ambassador previously.

“This is actually the first and the only endorsement I have signed over a year and a half since I have joined the film industry. This was the only endorsement that I wanted to sign before they ever came to me,” said Imran.

“I think Aamir has been endorsing Coke for 10 years now and ever since I was a kid, I used to watch his ads. I have always considered Coca-Cola to be synonymous with refreshment and happiness. I am sure everyone will find the new Coca-Cola communication extremely engaging,” he added Talking about the concept of the ad, Imran said, “The entire concept of the film is about how Coke breaks the ice between two characters who might not have been together, if Coke wasn’t there. What is really interesting in the ad is that we have used an imaginary bottle.”

The campaign has been conceptualized by the creative team of McCann Erickson and features Kalki Koechlin of “Dev D” fame next to Imran. The ad is directed by Dibakar Banerjee (”Khosla Ka Ghosla” and “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!”) and is set to be rolled out in the last week of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment