Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Aamir, A.R Rahman and Saif receive Padma Bhushan and Shri Awards

aamir-khan-at-the-being-human-fashion-show-wallpaper

Nations most prestigious award Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri award was awarded to Bollywood celebrities and actors. While actor Aamir Khan and Oscar winning composer A.R Rahman were awarded with Padma Bhushan, Saif Ali Khan was conferred with Padma Shri.

Reacting to the good news, Aamir said, “I am so happy to receive this unique honour. The first thing that comes to my mind is my mother’s smiling face. Indeed this has been a good day for me. First my film Peepli Live gets a superb response here at the Sundance Film Festival, and then I receive this wonderful news of receiving the Padma Bhushan. I only wish I was back home right now. I would like to thank God for these happy moments, and all my fans and well wishers for their love, support and good wishes. All izzzz well!!! “

Saif was also elated to get the award and said, ‘I am very proud and honoured to have received this honour. I would like to thank my family and loved ones who have been there for me and the industry for supporting me. I would particularly like to thank Imtiaz Ali, Aditya Chopra, Karan Johar, Ramesh Taurani, Farhan Akhtar, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Siddharth Anand, Kunal Kohli and Vishal Bhardwaj for having faith in me and making me who I am today.’

Congratulations folks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment